Services & Events at the Cathedral and in our Community in 2016
Upcoming events in recent church bulletin Click Here
- Thursday, April 13th, 7pm. Lutheran- Anglican Maundy Thursday Service at The Church of the Northern Apostles.
- Friday, April 14th, 10am. Ministerial Good Friday Service at The Arts Centre.
- Friday, April 14th, 1pm. Good Friday Service and Stations of the Cross at Christ Church Cathedral.
- Sunday, April 16th, 8:30am. Easter Service of Holy Communion at Christ Church Cathedral- Book of Common Prayer.
- Sunday, April 16th, 10am. Easter Service of Holy Eucharist at Christ Church Cathedral - the Book of Alternative Services. Sunday School for ages 5-11 begins.
- Spring Food Drive in April. Organized by the Ministerial of Churches in support of the Food Bank. Our route is in Porter Creek again. Cathedral drop off day is April 18th and pick-up day is April 25th. Pick-up day begins with Chili Supper at 5:30pm at the Cathedral. Sign up sheet in Hellaby Hall.
- Friday, April 21th, 2pm. Parish Tea and Hymn Sing at Christ Church Cathedral.
- Saturday, April 22, from 9 to 10 am. Anglican Men's Fellowship Breakfast will be at Church of the Northern Apostles (Wann Rd and Boxwood Crescent in Porter Creek). We welcome you to join us as we share a meal together as followers of Jesus, get to know one another better, and encourage each another to live out our faith in daily life.
- Sunday, April 30th, 3pm. Messy Church. Informal Family Church at Christ Church Cathedral, with message for children, singing, worship, crafts and supper.
- Wednesday, May 3rd, 7am. Ecumenical Men’s Breakfast at Whitehorse United Church.
March 2 – April 12, 2017
Seven Week Teaching and Preaching Series on The First Letter of John,
at Christ Church Cathedral
Led by Archbishop Terry Buckle and Dean Sean Murphy. We will be
teaching on 1 John on Thursday evenings from 7 to 9 pm (except
the last week when our session will be on Wednesday), and preach-
ing on the same passages on Sunday morning.
This series is part of a new ministry initiative at the Cathedral call-
ed “Sanctuary” – “A fellowship of Believers, learning and reaching
out together in the compassion of Christ, in the enabling power
of the Holy Spirit.”
Anglican Men's Fellowship Breakfast
It is a fellowship of men who offer support to one another as we seek to follow our Lord Jesus Christ in daily life and who together reach out in Christian witness and care to others.
For more information: Poster
Sean Murpy - 867-332-4137
Terry Buckle - 867-667-2476
Braeburn Christian Camp
Braeburn Lake Christian Camp Association has been serving the Yukon community since the 1960's. We provide a great camp experience for Yukon youth on the shores of beautiful Braeburn Lake. Website
This year is the Anniversary Celebration and fundraising will be taking place to raise funds toward the building of the Chapel. A 'Send a Kid to Camp' fund will also be launched. The Original Startup Committee Reps are invited to come out to a Spaghetti Dinner on Apr 7th. Other events will be announced.
is once a month at Christ Church Cathedral 3pm –5 pm
Messy Church is an informal program with a message for young people, plus the whole family. Singing, prayers, crafts and a supper to finish off, at the Cathedral.
For more info call: (867) 668-5530
See pictures here